Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Zoo & Splash Park (from a month ago!)

A month ago, we braved the summer heat and made a family trip to the zoo. Nick's mom ("MawMaw") went with us as well. We had a great time, but boyhowdy was it HOT!!!!! Here are a few pics from the day:

Doesn't she look so grown up?

THE classic Shiloh cheese.
Her fake "CHEESE" (with the hawk)

Every good zoo trip starts with a carousel ride with Daddy.
Carousel

In fact, he was quite "the man" on this zoo trip... he carried little girls who rew tired of walking...
Getting a boost from Daddy

... and served as a great headrest when those same little girls became worn out by the heat! (I tried to catch a ride too, but he thought I might be too heavy.)
It was H.O.T.

I'm with these guys... it was a scorcher!
I'm with these guys!

See? I took a couple of pictures of the animals too. :)
Elephant

Shiloh's favorite part of the zoo trip was her zoo key!
The zoo key

After we'd strolled around the zoo for a couple of hours, we were all so hot that a trip to the Splash Park was in order.
Fun at the splash park with Daddy

Getting sprayed

Our brave girl attempted the waterslides this year! At first she was a bit tentative...
Waterslide 3

... but after the first trip, she was BEGGING for second, third, and fourth trips!
Waterslide 2

Waterslide

Pretty sure we'll wait for some cooler weather before our next trip... especially with the addition that is due to arrive in the near future!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

isn't the splash park great too perk them up/ cool them off (adults too if you don't mind walking around wet:P)