
About a week ago at bedtime, we had the sweetest and most heartwarming conversation. We were doing the daily reading from Shiloh's devotional book which happened to be about how Jesus can fill your heart with joy. The following conversation ensued:
S: "I want Jesus to come into my heart and fill me with joy."
(I'm a bit flabbergasted, and after I declare, "That's wonderful!" I call Nick into the room).
C: "Shi, tell Daddy what you just told me."
S: "I want Jesus to come into my heart and fill me with joy."
N: "That's wonderful, sweetheart! You need to pray to Jesus and ask Him to do that."
S: (Squints eyes really tight) "Jesus, will you come fill me with joy? Pleeeeeeeeeease?"
N: "Do you think He will?"
S: "Yeah. He says He's coming."
I cannot remember feeling such love and joy in one moment as a parent to my toddler. While I realize that she is too young to truly grasp and understand the meaning of asking Jesus to come into her heart, I am encouraged and believe that one day she will. And that moment will bring even more joy into all of our hearts!
No comments:
Post a Comment