
makes me laugh. A lot. She has the funniest perspectives on things and we have some pretty hilarious conversations. About a month ago, I decided to start writing some of these down so I could share them in a post. Here's a sampling of my little girl's musings.
*(matter of factly) "I'm probably a boy. My name is John."
*(doing a devotion about angels)
C: "Angels live with God in... Shiloh, where does God live?"
S: (with confidence) "Innnnnn Texas!"
*"Silly woman! You forgot our chips!!" (at Schlotzky's)
*S: "Daddy, you're beauuuuuutiful."
N: "Aww, thank you baby girl... but boys aren't beautiful, boys are...?"
S: "Mean."
*"Mommy, WHAT is your hair doing??"
*"Can I have eleventeen drinks, Mommy?"
*C: "How was your day, baby?"
S: "Pretty bad."
C: "Why was it pretty bad?"
S: "Cause I didn't like the wind blowing my hair."
*"I need to do homework. That's what the Home Depot man says."
*(sigh) "I'm tired. You're wearing me out!"

*"You can hold me if you want, while I'm nakey."
*"Those ma'ams on the cd are arguing."
(They were singing the chorus in rounds.)
*S: "Mommy, what is my work called?"
C: "Well sweetheart, you don't go to work yet."
S: "Uh huh. My work is called fwim lessons." [swim lessons]
*C: "Shi, are you ready to go get pancakes?"
S: "No. Maybe in a few years."
*S: "What did Daddy hit his head on?"
C: "Nothing baby. He just has a headache."
S: "Oh. I have a headache too. It's in my mouth. You can't see it."
*S: "Mommy, I saw a crazy man on the side of the road."
C: "Oh really? What was he doing that was so crazy?"
S: "He was ballooning around."
[Nick later told me she was referring to a man who actually was wearing a balloon costume on the side of the road]
*(waiting for me to come to table to have tea party with her)
S: (sighs heavily, leaning head onto hand) "I guess I just don't understand tea parties."
C: "What do you mean?"
S: "I guess I just don't know how they work. I'm just too shy."
*One day, I tried to take a lesson from this book and use the story of "The Boy who Cried Wolf" to teach Shiloh why she should not pretend to cry when she rubs her toe on the carpet the wrong way. So I told her the story, and then I asked her what lesson she learned from the story. She replied, "If there's a wolf, I need some help!!" Touche, my child, touche.
4 comments:
How precious! It's great that you're writing them down so you'll be able to look back on them for years to come. She's just a sweetheart!
oh man. She's so great.
I'll have to bookmark this and come back on days when I'm feeling bad. :P
That is great.
I can add one to it:
When Nick and Shiloh came to the yard sale, Nick said, "It's Sara and Stuart, tell them, 'Hi! We haven't seen them in a while.'" She came over and said,"Hi. I haven't seen you in a ... minute."
LOVE it! Very very perfect!
You have to love the way children think - puts life back into perspective.
Post a Comment