Friday, June 11, 2010

Almost Anniversary Getaway: Part 1

Nick and I decided to take a small trip to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary a couple months early, since I will be more than 8 months pregnant and pretty miserable in the summer heat on our actual anniversary. Like a good husband, Nick let me choose where to go and I decided on Brown County, Indiana because I'd heard a lot of good things about it and how it was sort of like a mini, less commercialized Gatlinburg. Nick's mom was up for watching Shiloh for a couple of days so we could take this trip.

We stayed at a cute little bed and breakfast called the Cornerstone Inn.
The Cornerstone Bed and Breakfast

Did I mention that it was the coziest, cutest little place?
A view of our inn

We stayed in this room.

(On a side note, the inn also had separate cottages that looked like this:
The Shiloh Cottage

... one of which was called:
Neato

How fun!!)

We loved the Cornerstone Inn, and in addition to breakfast each morning they served declicious homemade baked goods and coffee, tea, or apple cider throughout the day. We made many "extra" trips down to the kitchen area. :)

The town we stayed in was called Nashville. Like Gatlinburg, Nashville has a main "strip" of shops, restaurants, etc. that are conducive to strolling and browsing. We did a little bit of this the first day we were there and then had dinner at The Artist Colony Inn. I had almost forgotten how nice it is to share a quiet, relaxed dinner with my husband! It was wonderful to just be able to enjoy his company and conversation.

For our evening entertainment, we decided to check out an event we'd seen advertised in several of the Brown County circulars: a Johnny Cash (impersonator) show called "Man in Black." Yes, my friends, that endeavor took us to this wonderful facility:

YEEHAW!!

That's right. It has both the words "Barn" and "Jamboree" in the name. HOWEVER... we were very pleasantly surprised by the show. It was great!! The impersonator was really good, and he'd just finished up a show on Broadway so he wasn't just a Joe Schmoe they'd found on the side of the street. We had a great evening and were very glad we'd been brave enough to go.

Here are a few other photos to hold you over until I post about the second day of our trip. I fell in love with this beautiful town!!

Love these bold colors!

The happy couple :)

Pretty views

Enjoying the scenery

Window box

Pretty

The coziest little coffee house!
The coziest coffee house

I fell in love with this color

Decorative bench on the strip

I loved this idea.
Courtyard decorations

Stay tuned for day #2!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm so glad that you all got to get away. Your pictures are beautiful. Makes me want to go too!