Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Almost Anniversary Getaway: Part 2

The second morning of our getaway, we had a yummy breakfast downstairs at the inn and then strolled around the village of Nashville to browse shops, art galleries, cafes, etc. It was wonderful to be able to not feel rushed and just enjoy each other's company. Also, it is RARE that my husband is willing to shop with me! There were lots of home decor items that were cute and homey but I managed to resist. (Yeah, will power! and high prices... haha).

We asked the lady at the front desk of our bed and breakfast for a recommendation for lunch-- something non-touristy and a little different. She sent us about 15 minutes outside of town to one of her favorite places: The Farmhouse Cafe and Tea Room at the Flower and Herb Barn Nursery (quite a mouthful, yes!). This was an absolutely majestic place with tons of beautiful flowers and landscaping and both mine and Nick's favorite part of the weekend. Needless to say, I took TONS of photos here...

There were walkways like this one lined with beautiful flowers, shrubbery, and other garden decorations...

Walkway


Angel statue

... and these chairs were everywhere. I loved them!

I loved these chairs


Again, I loved these chairs!


This was a moss-covered pond with a small island in the middle...

Pond


...which had a small patio set at which to relax...

Patio on the island


... or a lovely garden bench to do the same.

Garden bench on the island


And now on to the flowers... (I LOVE periwinkle hydrangeas!!)

Hydrangeas


Pretty pretty


This was one of the greenhouses.

Greenhouse


La-la-love it


The greenhouse


Prettiness

The cafe was a very eclectic, earthy-type place and it was a gorgeously sunny (but not hot!) day, so the atmosphere in the outdoor patio where we sat was relaxing and good for the soul.

The patio at the Farmhouse Cafe


Fun tables


Pretty decorations on the patio

Wall planter


Plus, I was able to share the meal with this handsome guy!

My handsome lunch date :)


We did "halfsies" with yummy chicken salad and cucumber cream cheese sandwiches.

Yummy lunch



And I adored these glasses. But no, I did not drink 3 glasses full!

I had a thing for these glasses

Moving on...
We went back to the inn and took showers and naps. (WE WERE ABLE TO TAKE NAPS!!! Uninterrupted... WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!) Then we strolled around through the shops and galleries some more before dinner that evening at Harvest Moon Pizzeria.

Again, a picture of my handsome, goofy man:

The Mr.

... and the Missus.

The Mrs.

We had the lady at the desk take our photo in front of the inn.

Happy (almost) 5 years, sweetheart!

We loved this place!!

Our little getaway 2010

Happy (almost) 5 years of marriage, sweetheart!! I love you more today than ever. :)

[NOTE: my husband must REALLY love me... because he allowed us to stop at these outlets both on the way there and on the way home... did I mention he abhors shopping??... and he didn't complain or rush me while shopping... talk about sacrifice! He's the best!!]

No comments: