
As you can see, I underestimated the size of the ornaments that came with this devotional... but it works. I simply cut out the ornaments...
...bedazzled them...

... and each evening we use the back of the ornament to guide us through that day's Scripture reading, devotional, discussion questions, and prayer.

My goal is to next year hand-sew felt ornaments kind of like these which are pretty cute (as my friend Steph is undertaking as we speak!), or maybe even assemble a collection along the lines of this one for some variety.
So far, Shiloh has had trouble sitting through each evening's devotional (which takes all of 5 minutes)... but I think it's a good tradition to begin preparing our hearts each Advent season for the celebration of Christ's birth.
So, what Christmas traditions does your family have? I'd love to hear some. :)
3 comments:
Love it! The bedazzling looks so cute on them. I'm still sewing away...not quite halfway done. I plan on getting a lot made this weekend.
One tradition that I read about on a blog recently that I want to start this year is from all the Christmas cards you receive pick one each day and pray for that family.
Carrie, I think that is great that you are starting a Jesse Tree! We have one too. I imagine that you are far more creative than I am, but felt ornaments can be challenging. My ram leaves quite a bit to be desired. Maybe you can give me some tips next year. Just wait until Shiloh is old enough to ask questions :) I have to prepare myself days in advance for the questions that Anna Grace has after each devotion. She still asks about Abraham having a son in his hundreds and if he really would have killed Isaac. Will is still trying to figure out creation in six days and why dinosaurs aren't mentioned. Lee and I are learning more every years as their questions become more specific. - Frances
I love your idea of having the devotion printed on the back of the ornaments. I managed to get most of my ornaments up in a timely manner, but sometimes our reflection on each element left a lot to be desired.
Next year I'll probably move the ornament time to the morning during breakfast instead of evenings.
Anyway, thanks for mentioning mine.
Post a Comment