
Maybe it's the look of pure joy on her face when she says it. Or maybe it's the sound of her sweet, excited voice while she's saying it. Or maybe it's her preciously incorrect use of grammar. It most definitely has something to do with the fact that she most certainly will run up and give me a big hug once the words have left her lips.
"Mommy, you home!!"
She declares this not only when I come home from work and she and Nick are waiting for me, but most of the time it's when we are away from home and she sees me again after we've been apart for even a couple of hours... picking her up from Mrs. Allison's house ... or even the church nursery (2 hours, tops!). I think what's most precious about this declaration is the meaning I finally discovered behind it.
Mommy, we're together again!
And so I always return her hug and add a kiss on the cheek while I agree, "Yes baby, I'm home."
2 comments:
Awww...that is too sweet! Love this post; it'll melt your heart. :)
how adorable!!
Post a Comment