Tuesday, October 6, 2009

from old skool to new skool

My friend Lindsey passed along a vintage child's school desk to Shiloh after her grandmother passed away. It was one of the original desks at the Kentucky School for the Blind, where Lindsey's mom works. I wish I had remembered to take a pre-op picture of it... basically it was intact, but the wood wasn't in the best condition and the metal was pretty rusted in spots. Anyway, I repainted the wood and Nick spray painted the metal, and here is the finished product:

The finished product

The color is "Apple Orchard" red, even though it looks a bit pinkish here.

Here's the reaction of its new owner:

Hey, this is pretty neat!

"Okay, Mom... I'm ready for school!" (Kinda scary!)
Ready for school!

Hmm... maybe I'll skip the school notion and go with jungle gym instead!
School desk, or jungle gym??

4 comments:

Stephanie Trapp said...

So cute! You did a great job!

Leslie said...

looks good!
She has a lot of hair!! :)

Keli B. said...

looks good. you're so crafty! ;)

Hydes said...

How cool is that?! love it! :)