
Despite how impossible it is to believe, our sweet daughter is 1 1/2 years old!! We saw Dr. Hammond ("Dah-tor Hammon" as Shiloh calls her) on Tuesday to find out that Shi is 26 lbs (75th percentile) and 34 inches tall (95th percentile). So it looks like she is going to be pretty tall... imagine that!!
I just realized that I don't really ever post on things that she does, and apparently that is the mommy thing to do, so I'll give it a go here:
Favorite activities: climbing, SWIMMING, playing outside, trying to dress herself, taking care of her babies ("Emma" is what she named her two favorite baby dolls, and "Nina" is her first Barbie"), coloring, playing hide and seek, playing in her purple car, playing with other kids... the list goes on. She is hardly still a minute.
Recent developments: Shi has begun practicing her ABC's and can name several letters (A, B, C, D, F, G, L, M, N, O, P... and then "Now I, now I...") but not always in the right order. She likes to look at words and try to name the letters. She also loves to count, but consistently refuses to identify 6 or 7. We have also started the early, early stages of potty training... for now all she will do is climb up, sit there for a second or two, and then immediately request her M&M reward. (Nick brought one of these back from New York, and it sits in the bathroom to dispense her M&M's.) We work on naming colors when we give them to her. She can name green, brown, and yellow pretty consistently, but by far, her favorite color appears to be "NEEEEEEEN!" (green). She speaks pretty frequently in short sentences, sometimes up to 4 or 5 words. It's hilarious to have conversations with her. :)
Foods: Anything, or nothing, depending on the day and mood! She loves grapes, strawberries, green beans, macaroni and cheese, and JUICE JUICE JUICE! (Drinking is definitely her preferred method of consumption!).
Hmm, yep, that's about all I can think of for now. Did I mention our daugther is goofy?? (See below). She must get that from her daddy :)
1 comment:
too cute! it's so difficult to think that She and Sophia are only 7 months apart- look what we're headed for- wow. I remember it all from Matthew- but it just seems to new and amazing this time around too to see what she can do- and to watch Shi as well. :)
Post a Comment