Monday, November 1, 2010

Caleb = 2 months

It is so hard to believe our little guy is 2 months old!! Shiloh and I took him for his checkup yesterday, and despite those awful first shots, everything looked great. He's up to a whopping 14 lbs 7 oz and 25 inches long (both 95th percentile). He weights almost as much as Shiloh did at 4 months old and is longer than she was at that age. It's crazy!

He enjoys his play gym and will keep himself entertained at times for up to 45 minutes. Over the last month he's really taken off with smiling and cooing/beginning to verbalize sounds (although most of those smiles disappear once I stick a camera in front of my face). I'd almost forgotten how precious and sweet those first baby coos are. They make my heart happy!

Another big development is that our sweet boy has begun sleeping for consistent 8 to 8 1/2 hour stretches each night. Then he'll sleep another 2 or so after an early morning feeding. His bedtime has become more consistent, and he usually falls alseep around 8:30 or so. Naps are not so consistent yet, but he has general naptimes (mid-morning around 9:30 or 10), lunchtime (around noon or so), and then mid-afternoon, with a few catnaps thrown in there as well. He's not a fan of napping in his crib yet, but we're working on this one.

Enough chit chat... here are some pics from Caleb's second month.

I love those bright eyes :)

Bright eyes

Play time on his mat

Play time

Cute little smirk:

Cute little smirk

Caleb meets his friend Tristan for the first time. "Say WHHAAAAAAAATT??"

Caleb meets Tristan

Talking to Mommy

Talking to Momma

Snuggling Daddy... although he looks pretty concerned for some reason!

Snuggles with Daddy

Dressed up and ready for church.

Dressed and ready for church

Contemplating theology before heading to church.

Contemplative

Hanging out with Mom.

Snuggles with Momma

A silly, silly grin. Makes me laugh every time.

Silly grin

Deep in thought, again.

Deep in thought

Part of a smile

Part of a smile

I just love these tummy pics... you can't tell, can you?

Can you tell I like tummy pics?

Hangin' out with the best sister in the world!

Hangin' with Sissy

I LOVE that sweet face!!

Love that sweet face!!!

He looks so handsome and grown up here!

So handsome!!

We're thankful every day for this perfect addition to our family!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

so adorable!
and wow what a big guy!
So, I need to know, what are you doing to get this sleep stuff happening? That is amazing! way to go for both of you!!

Allison said...

He does look so much older in the last picture. And very handsome too! I can't believe he is already 2 months old.