Monday, February 15, 2010

Birthday Fantastico!

I want to give my wonderful husband credit for a great day spent celebrating my birthday on Saturday. He is incredibly thoughtful and loving, and we had a fantastic day together!

Now, if you'll remember, he'd already given me my birthday present. He ordered it about a month early, and as soon as I saw it wrapped and sitting on the living room floor... well, let's just say it didn't take me long to convince him I needed to open it. He gets too excited about giving gifts that he just can't wait anyway!
Saturday morning started off by Nick letting me sleep in. (Sleep in?!? That's unheard of once kiddos are in the picture!) But I had fallen asleep on the couch about 7 or 8 pm the night before, so I was ready to roll. Nick took Shi and me to get pancakes for breakfast at Cracker Barrell, and then we ran a couple of errands as a family. Nick had arranged for Shiloh to go spend the day and evening with his mom (whose birthday I share!) in Frankfort, so he took Shi to meet MawMaw. Shiloh had been excited about this for about 2 days before... she LOVES spending the day at MawMaw's house!
Once Nick got back home, we headed out to do the one thing that only my birthday gives me enough leverage to convince Nick to do with me: SHOPPING. We hit up TJ Maxx first (those of you that know me at all know of my love for this store) and then went to Oxmoor Mall. No luck for me at TJ Maxx, probably because Nick's mom had given me a gift card so I actually had money to spend! Isn't that the way shopping works?!? Nick found some pants, dress shirts, and socks for work.
At Oxmoor, we started things off right by enjoying Auntie Anne's pretzels together. Mmmm... hey, it was my birthday, so of course we needed to splurge! We then made our rounds... and realized that it was Presidents' Day weekend sales! Woohoo! I found 2 pair of shoes... first these (in green) for the fabulous price of $7.49!... and then these (in brown), which I call my old lady shoes but I love love and they are sooo comfortable! (They were on clearance too.) My only other purchase was some of this yummy stuff. (Wait, I take that back... snagged these for Shi since she is doing soo great with her potty training! I'm so proud of her!!).
By this time, Nick and I were both pretty tired of shopping and a bit hungry again, so we went to Vietnam Kitchen which is hands-down the best Vietnamese in Louisville. It is DELICIOUS. Nick and I were so full we didn't even have room to split an avacado milkshake... but we did, however, have room to stop by Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen and take some ice cream home with our redbox movie. We spent the rest of the evening lounging on the couch and just enjoying each other's company without distraction. Must say that, even though I missed Shi at times, it was VERY nice!!
So thanks again, Sir Nix-a-Lot, for a birthday muy fantastico!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

wow! that sounds like an awesome day!!

at TJ Maxx- you couldn't even find something for the house?? :P That's always my first stop when we are there.:)