
Now, I'll admit this is the first time I've made a glazed ham... but I still think it's most delicious! So did the rest of the family... Nick fell in love with it, and Shi declared, "Mommy this is the best ham EVER I love it sooooo much!" After dinner, I kid you not, she strolled back into the kitchen about 5 or 6 times asking for another small piece!

Anyway, I found the original recipe here and then made a few adaptations:
1/2 boneless Kentucky Legend ham (the ONLY ham, in my opinion)
12 oz. pineapple juice
2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
Place ham in roasting pan. Poke holes across top of ham.
Place remaining ingredients in saucepan and bring to boil.
Pour approx. 1/2 - 2/3 of sauce over ham.
Cover dish loosely with foil.
Bake at 250 deg for about 4 hours. Baste ham with some of remaining sauce every 45 minutes - 1 hour.
For the last 30 minutes, increase oven temperature to 325 deg and remove foil. This will allow ham to brown beautifully (keep an eye on it so it doesn't get too brown).
I also served this with one of my favorite vegetable dishes, Paula Deen's Squash Casserole. Do yourself a favor and try this yummy dish... it uses yellow and zucchini squash and is magnifico!

Serve the meal with some pineapple to complement the sweetness of the ham glaze, and VOILA! You have prepared a delicious, tastes-like-gourmet-but-is-incredibly-easy, meal. Sure to wow even the pickiest of eaters! Be sure to serve some of the glaze over the ham after it is sliced.

(Do you like the high class paper plate? Well, my awesome husband has been helping me clean the kitchen a lot recently and has come to discover how neverending dinner dishes are... so he suggested I pick up some paper plates from the grocery... I had pulled out regular plates for our meal tonight, and while I was cutting the ham, he switched them out for the paper plates! Ha!)
1 comment:
that sounds great! I'll have to put that on my list of things to try to make!! :)
Post a Comment