Thursday, October 21, 2010

Shiloh Says... [Part 2]

... because this girl still makes me laugh. A LOT.

Our little orator

(Brace yourself... there are a lot of these!)

N: "Before we cross the road, we need to do what...?"
S: [in exasperated tone] "Look both ways for kids..."

* "I got choked... there was a bone in my juice."

* "I do a lot of dropping, don't I? But yetis do too." [see Yeti Stomp video]

* "Did you see that little tree I was talking about? It's a baby tree. It wanted to grow into a mommy tree but it couldn't."

(Doing a devotion about waiting for good things)
C: "Shi, have you ever had to wait for something good?"
(She nods)
"What were you waiting for?"
S: "For God to come."

* "Daddy did a great job getting me dressed. He didn't turn this around" (points to shirt).

* "Swimming sure made me a lot of thirsty."

(Getting into the hot car)
"Mommy, it's hot... will you turn on the conditioner?"

S: "Daddy, will you carry me?"
N: "Why don't you walk, sweetheart."
S: "But I don't want any more exercise!"

* "How does God tinkle and poop?"

* "Mommy, I need some water... that candy went down the wrong pipe."

(Using restroom)
"I'm going to need some privacy."

(Talking about how attitude shows what's in her heart)
C: "What do you want to have in your heart?"
S: "Good things."
C: "What types of good things?"
S: "Fish, and treadmills, and... raccoons."

* "Let's high five!"

S: "Daddy went to get my surprise."
C: "Yes he did. I wonder what it will be?"
S: "Maybe a hot gun."
C: "A what??"
S: "A hot gun. Maybe he's bringing me a hot gun."
C: "Ummm... what? What does a hot gun do?"
S: "It makes glue... it's what glue comes out of."
C: "OH! A hot glue gun... right?"
S: "Yep."

(After picking up Nick's cousin Scott)
S: "Daddy, where are we going?"
N: "Home."
(sad face)
"Why, what's wrong?"
S: "I want to go pick up some more guys."

* "I'm not scared of the dark. I have beautiful eyes that help me see in the dark."

C: "Shi, please be sure to put the flashlight back in the drawer when you're finished."
S: "Well, it's in the bathroom so I can use it in the dark. It says, 'Yes, I want to be in here right now.' "

MawMaw: "What are you going to do with your hammer?"
S; "Ham."

(Discussing disobedience)
S: "But God shows me gracey."
C: "You mean God shows you grace and mercy?"
S: "Yes."

(Potty time)
S: "I'm finished!"
C: "Did you [go #2]?"
S: "No... I think I'm going to wait until baby brother gets here... until he's born."

(Yelling loudly in Target to get my attention)
"MOMMY!!!!!!!! Mommy I need to go POTTY REALLY BAD!!!!! If I don't my BOTTOM WILL GET INFECTED!!!!!!!!!"

*(while I was pregnant)
"Hurry, Mommy!! Hurry and eat all your food before baby brother growls again!"

C: "Your bottom isn't quite big enough to fill out the big potty seat yet, is it?"
S: "No, but yours is."
C: "Yes, yes mine is."
S: "But daddy's isn't. He has to stand up."

C: "Shiloh, who is your best friend?"
S: "You are, Mommy."

* "I need to file my nails too... they're getting a little trimmy."

(out of the blue, breaking silence in the car; Shiloh begins chuckling)
S: "Daddy can't be a captain! He's a boy!!"
C: "Umm... boys can be captains...?"
N: "Shiloh, what is a captain?"
S: "Captains are not anything. They're pirates."

(all 3 of us out in her baby pool; pre-Caleb)
* "Daddy, you got BIG MAN BOOBIES!!!!!! Mommy has big mommy boobies. I got little girl boobies."

(to Caleb, the first time they meet)
* "You're part of our family."

S: "I wish I didn't have 2 eyes."
C: "How many would you like to have?"
S: "Just 1..." (smashing the other one closed)
C: "Why just one?".
S: "Cause, like I have just one nose."

(singing to the tune of "Oh my darling, Clementine")
* "Oh my child, oh my child, oh my child, Clementine! You were lost and I couldn't find you... but the sun and a flashlight will help me find you."

N: "Shiloh, were you trying to take your brother's pacifier?"
S: "Umm, nope! Well... probably a little."

S: "Who were you talking to [on the phone]?"
N: "Mr. X." [name removed for privacy ;)]
S: "Is he prickly?"
N: "Umm... I don't know... why?"
S: "Cause... I need to feel his back to see if he is prickly."

(after weighing herself on scale)
N: "Go tell Mommy how much you weigh."
S: "Mommy, Mommy!! I weigh 9-1-1."
C: "9-1-1? Really?"
S: "Yes. I need to STOP [thrusts hands our in front of her], drop, and roll."

[in reference to a lady who had stopped to comment on how cute Caleb was as she walked past]
* "She sounds like a daddy."

* "Mommy, you're my majesty, and Daddy, you're my king."

[asking questions at bedtime to stall]
S: "Mommy, I have a question."
C: "OK, 1 more question."
S: "My last question has a lot of questions."

N: "How are you doing, baby girl?"
S: "Umm, a little bit good."
C: "Why just a little bit good?"
S: "Cause, that's just how I feel sometimes."

* "That would be a LOVELY help!"

N: "I really love you, Shiloh."
S: "I love turkeys."

* "Hey! Yoda and Mia live in a skyscraper."
(which, of course, they do not.)

(talking about my haircut)
* "It looks good, Mom. So did they use a knife or what?"

Pretty princess

4 comments:

Stephanie Trapp said...

Too cute! One day you'll look back and be so glad you wrote all these down because we so quickly forget all the funny things they say and do! :)

Keli B. said...

hilarious! my favorite is "fish, treadmills and raccoons!" haha! i'll have to write up a post like this with nella's sayings.

Anna said...

these are great. too cute!!

Leslie said...

oh... oh... let me catch my breath.... from laughing so hard!!
all too funny.