
This book is so great! I had to share it with my other mommy friends out there. Some of you may already know about it. It has quick, simple, and fun activities and games to do with your toddler, most of which can be done spur-of-the-moment as the supplies needed are usually things you'll already have around the house. It has chapters ranging from "Rainy Day Play," to "Kids in the Kitchen," "Music and Movement," "Arts and Crafts," "Nursery Rhymes and Finger Plays," and "Birthdays and Holidays," It even includes an Appendix of recipes for things such as playdough, paints, clay, and other homemade craft recipes.
It has come in very handy this past month when the weather has been so unbearably hot and humid, and I have been dealing with the typical 3rd trimester fatigue which doesn't allow me to keep up with my energetic toddler as well as I used to be able to. We have done several fun craft and activity ideas from this book and I have many, many more bookmarked for the future. It's a great resource to have on hand, especially since I'm not the "teacher type" who has all these creative ideas in her brain already!
I highly recommend it for the busy, practical, overworked and/or tired moms out there-- I think that includes just about all of us! :)
1 comment:
I used to love this book(and the one for Baby's too)! I almost forgot we had them. Thanks for the reminder. I will have to pull it off the shelf for Mary. - fa
Post a Comment