Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Home for Those Bows

I snagged this idea from a friend, who found it here. I really liked the twist that Keli added when she made hers, so I, of course, followed suit :)

Anyway, we've needed some type of organizational system for Shi's bows for a while now... although, after I made this and she was helping me clip the bows on, I realized that half of them are MIA! Oh well. They'll turn up sometime.

I took this plain white 11 x 14 document frame:

Start with a frame...

... and hot glued ribbon in a criss-cross pattern (Keli's idea!) onto the frame. The ladybugs match the theme of Shi's room.

Bow holder

Then you clip on your bows, and VOILA! A super cute bow holder! It's unbelievably easy, cute, and practical! (I did realize, though, that even an 11 x 14 frame does not give you a ton of room for bows... so if your collection is quite large, you may need a bigger frame!).

A home for her bows

4 comments:

Stephanie Trapp said...

Super cute!!! It looks so easy to do. I love the criss-cross pattern, too. Thanks for sharing!

Hydes said...

How fun (and easy!) I bet this looks so cute on your girly's wall! And good job on all those cute bows!

Keli B. said...

Hey, it turned out great! They're really quick to whip up aren't they?
And those bows do look good, did you make 'em?

The Kiefers said...

Thanks! I did make most of those bows, except the brown one in the middle and the Christmas bow.