Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Louisville Plate

My Louisville plate

This was included as part of the bridesmaid gift set from the wedding Shiloh and I were just in this past weekend (Lindsey and Tyler's wedding... more to come on that later!). I saw this dish for the first time a couple of months ago and thought it was fantastic! It's even more fantastic when someone gives it to you as a gift :) So this will be the second plate adorning the tops of my kitchen cabinets, both of which have been gifts. Maybe I should start collecting small dish plates!

Anyway, the plate is made by a company called The Dish LTD and you can see the Louisville collection here. The outer rim is adorned by images of various Louisville sites and events, such as the Slugger Museum and the Kentucky Derby. I absolutely love it! (Not to mention my new obsession with the fleur-de-lis, Louisville's city symbol.) Thanks, Linds, for such a cute bridesmaid gift!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

if you like the fleur-de-lis (is that how you spell it? it looks weird....)
you'd love y cousin's house... it's all over....

Stephanie Trapp said...

I love it!!!! I'd love to get one, too! Do you know where she got them? I looked on the link you posted, but it just gave a number to call for info on where to buy.

Keli B. said...

i'm with stephanie . . must know where to get one! of course, now i'll have to order it and have it shipped to illinois! ahhh!

The Kiefers said...

I know that you can get them at Two Chicks and Co. on Shelbyville Rd, and I heard that the Hallmark store in Oxmoor mall may carry them, but I'm not positive on that one. :)