Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fabric Covered Photo Board

In an attempt to de-clutter the kitchen, I have decided that all of the photos, drawings, etc. need to be moved off of the fridge (also because they fall off all the time!)... but to somewhere they could still be seen often. Soooo... I wanted some type of cork board... but wanted to do something fun and decorative with it. I found an idea for a fabric covered board made with foam and a photo frame, which I found in the most recent issue of BHG (one of the many magazines I have a mysterious subscription to... still no idea how I'm getting them!). Only I didn't have such great luck with the foam, because I could only find it in 1" depth which is way too thick... and cutting it with a knife turned into a disaster... so instead I ended up using layers of fusible fleece I had leftover from making these. Oh, and remember this? That's where you'll recall seeing this fabric before. And, well, here's my fabric covered photo board:

Fabric covered photo board

I also used this tutorial to make these fabric covered push pins:

Fabric covered push pins

And voila! Here is the final result (well, until I make more push pins, anyway):

Voila!

On a side note: This board needs updated photos! And some of you are not on here at all... how sad! Hint, hint... haha :)

3 comments:

Stephanie Trapp said...

Super cute!!! And I love the push pins, too!!!

Hydes said...

You are a regular Martha Stewart! I love this project! I have been wanting to make a custom cork board but couldn't figure out how to make push pins...thanks for posting the link! And I love how chic yours looks with the frame! Good job! :)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!